Case Study 3: How A £70 Social Media Contest Got 33,000+ Entries and 400+ Shares
We would like to show you how we’ve been using social media marketing contests to build awareness, links and social media followings for our clients back in 2019. Since then, we’ve been continuing to experiment and in this post I’ll be sharing a more recent case studies from our truly awesome Digital PR team. This one was run by Stacey, who absolutely killed it.
What we did…
Sense Organics are an ethical, organic cotton baby and children’s clothing manufacturing company that have been an established brand in Germany for over 18 years. Kirsten Weihe-Keidel, the owner and founder, came on board with Exposure Ninja so we could help launch the Sense Organics brand in the UK.
As an eCommerce business with a brand and product base that we knew parents and families across the UK would really love, we decided to build their outreach campaign around securing product reviews and giveaways with relevant bloggers.
- We began by discussing their goals and budget, looking at which product line would be best to target based on sales figures and taking into account their monthly budget to find the number of items that we could send out to bloggers each month.
- Once the budget was agreed, we started to build up a list of high authority parent and family lifestyle bloggers to target.
- We began pitching product reviews and giveaway opportunities to the bloggers.
- There was an overwhelmingly positive response from UK bloggers and we saw a return on pitches of around 60% in the first month (i.e. 5 out of the 8 bloggers we contacted wanted to work with us), increasing to 85% in the second month (7 out of the 8 bloggers contacted agreed to work with us).
We began to see some incredible results from some of the reviews and giveaways that the bloggers posted.
We secured a product review and giveaway with Chic Geek Diary blog.
The giveaway ran for 5 weeks and generated 17,871 entries.
- The blog post was viewed 9,178 times, gained 94 comments and was shared on social media 418 times.
- Sense Organics’ Twitter followers doubled in 5 weeks and their visibility across social media increased substantially.
- Their Instagram following increased 82%
We secured a ‘fashion feature’ style review and ran a giveaway with You Baby Me Mummy blog.
The giveaway ran for 2 weeks alongside the fashion feature and generated over 15,860 entries and 143 comments on the one blog post. Sense Organics picked up 352 new social media followers as a result.
Social Media Marketing Contest Takeaways
The main takeaway here is that social media marketing contests can be an awesome source of buzz, links and social engagement.
You can see from this example that when the products and the blogger’s audience is a close fit, the engagement statistics can be insane, and without requiring much expense for prizes.
Obviously it’s important to make sure that you are collaborating with influential bloggers such as these in the first place. Running a contest without the proper distribution is worthless, as you need a targeted and engaged audience to pick up the significant numbers of entries and shares that lead to this type of viral growth.
For more information about how to run this type of social contest for your business, check out this previous blog post.
If you’d like us to design you a custom plan to boost your business’s visibility using social media contests and other exposure techniques, then request a free digital marketing review.
In this review, one of our expert marketing team will review your current digital marketing, your competitors, and will analyze your market before suggesting a prioritized action plan that you can follow to increase the exposure and sales your website generates. It’s totally free of charge and comes with no obligation to use our services.